At the end of 2018 I sold my house in Cape Town as I was moving to Ireland. Although I have been in Cape Town real estate for over 35 years, I was still shocked at what banks wanted to charge me for transferring my money overseas.
If an international exchange of funds is involved in your property transaction you should pay close attention to the exchange rates you will be charged, as well as how long the transfer is likely to take and whether there are tax implications or clearances required.
I used the services of RandTransfers who offered me cost-effective foreign exchange and I cannot recommend them enough. There are so many things to do when you are doing an international move but they saved me money and time by opening an international trading account for me which I have since used for further transfers once I had moved.
I have got to know Willem van Rensburg well and his staff. They had already helped clients of our mostly bringing money into South Africa but it was interesting to be involved in this process as a client, and I so appreciate their service.
Willem and Dawn are a pleasure to deal with and are very knowledgeable and solution orientated. Unlike “the bank” they think broadly about the best solutions and not just the easiest or the most profitable!
They have helped me and valued clients with
• Bond payments, deposits and cash transactions for property purchases.
• Rental payments, offshore account setups / policies / trusts.
• They do not charge fees on any transfer of funds into or out of your country of investment or residence.
• Tax advice / Tax clearance.
• Bank Guarantees if required and bank accounts (Both in South Africa or abroad )
• Securing preferential exchange rates with a 24 to 48 hour delivery period to or from South Africa.
I don’t often do recommendations like this, but I have offered to do it because RandTransfers service and solutions warrant it. With so many expenses involved in moving and awful exchange rates who doesn’t need to save money with their currency transactions and less admin!
If you are interested in these services please contact Willem Van Rensburg on email@example.com